Each job is different for us because each client is different. Sometimes we commence this process a few steps in, other times we walk our clients through from the beginning. We’ll work with you to ensure that this process is tailored to your needs, timeframe and budget.
A general guide to the steps for your renovation, extension or new home are as follows:
- Get in touch: Fill in the form on our contact page and we’ll organise an obligation free consultation to discuss your ideas, your lifestyle and to help you to assess the possibilities for your house or land. We’ll talk about your wishlist, consider any sketches or photos you’ve collected and look at the orientation, layout and construction of your house to see how well they suit your lifestyle and budget. At this stage, we’ll provide an obligation free price estimate to guide you in your decision making.
- Preliminary agreement: Our next step is to sign a preliminary agreement to cover any professional services required for your works (e.g. design/drafting, engineering, soil testing, certification, town planning etc.) and our fixed price quote. The fee at this stage will be determined for each individual project, based on the size and scope of your project. Alternatively, if you’d already completed your documentation, we can provide you with a fixed price quote, the fee for which will also be determined by the size and scope of your project.
- Design: Ideally, we’ll be involved in this process from the beginning. Whether you’re planning to work with a draftsman, designer or architect, it can help to have a builder look over your property first to give you some advice about the most practical and cost effective method for renovating or extending your property. We can refer you to our design professionals or work in with your selected planner to ensure that you get the most from your design and your budget.
- Documentation: This step can look different for everyone. We may have to collaborate with our draftsman, engineers, soil testers, surveyors, certifier and town planner, depending on the scale of the project. Some projects can take some time to get through this stage, so we’ll keep you up to date at every step along the way; we’ll work with our professional team to make sure everything stays on time and on budget and will guide you through your choices so that we can lock in your preferred finishes, fixtures and fittings ready for the final quote.
- Pricing: Once your plans are finalised, we’ll provide you with a fixed price quote. We sincerely hope that we’re building the home you’ll be happy with forever and we work hard to ensure that our pricing is all inclusive and transparent. We want you to have all of the information so that you can make an informed decision. You won’t find underpriced allowances in our quotes, nor will we be sending you variations along the way every time you make a selection that wasn’t fully costed in the initial quote. We understand that this is a lifetime investment and we want to know that you’re making a decision that you’re comfortable with.
- Contract and construction: Now that the hard work is done, the real work can commence! Nathan personally oversees the construction of your home and we’ll keep you in the loop at every step.
- Completion and handover: The keys are yours! We’ll handover all documents and certificates for your warranties, along with manuals and maintenance tips. You can rest assured that you’re covered by our builders’ warranty and by your QBCC Home Warranty Insurance for 7 years so we’ll stay in touch with you along the way to make sure everything is going to plan.